- Little black dress (LBD): As a wardrobe essential, I doubt anyone reading this post does not own one. A plain-ish one would be best for freshers as you don’t want to stand out too much, and you want to be able to dress it up or down with accessories and layers for different looks.
- Patterned blazer: If there’s a chill in the air, this is one thing you will not regret as queues at fresher events are ridiculously long, and the dreaded flu will ruin your fun. Plus, a patterned blazer can instantly make any outfit look different, meaning you can wear the same thing more than once.
- Black skirt: As the black skirt is so versatile, a style to suit everyone’s needs is out there, whether it be straight or skater shaped, long or short, plain or fancy, etc. To add an extra bit of glamour I opted for a black skirt with a front zip from New Look.
- Coloured/patterned skirt: These can instantly make plain black top look glamorous enough for a night out. The coloured skirt makes a change from the usual black one, ad the patterned one shows unique style.
- Plain black top: As another wardrobe staple I’m sure most already have plenty of black tops. The one you wear has to be plain however, in order to draw attention to the skirts it will be worn with.
- Leather look jeans: These jeans always seem to be in fashion, as they can be dressed up or down, and are perfect for days where it’s a bit colder and you want your legs covered up.
- Bardot top: Exposed shoulders are very on trend at the moment, so this kind of top will be perfect for freshers. Also, they tend to look really effective with necklaces, so accessorize away!
NOTE: I’ve not accounted for shoes, but I’d recommend flats, or if your adamant about wearing heels, go for chunky ones so your feet survive the night.
The dress can be styled with jewellery to make it look extra special.
Pair with red accessories for that splash of colour.
Both skirts look effective with the plain black top.
See, the dress has been transformed.
Dress up a plain black ensemble with a patterned blazer!
Comfortable, yet stylish.
Style your hair differently to create an extra look.
And that my friends, is how to save on both your clothes shopping AND laundry bill.
Thank me later.